Friday 6 April 2012

How To Cut A Baby’s Hair With A Razor Comb


 
Crazy curls!
  I gave my son his first haircut today! He is 14 months old and had little
  crazy curls that kept poking him in the ears and making him itchy so I  
  decided to give him a trim. I used a razor comb, purchased at Sally 
  Beauty Supply for about $6, and it worked perfectly! I didn’t want to 
  use scissors around his head as babies are unpredictable and shifty 
  sometimes!



Razor Comb
What You’ll Need:
  • Razor comb
  • Booster seat
  • Snack or something else to keep baby entertained
  • Spray bottle of warm water
  • Fine tooth comb
  • Lots of patience!


Gently pull hair directly
away from head
I started at the bottom near the neck working up and towards the ears. Wet the hair and comb, and pulling between your middle and index finger, figure out how much you want to take off.  Place the razor comb just above where you’d like to cut and slide downwards (baby hair is very fine, so one short stroke is all it took). After I did the back of his head, I took off some of the longer hairs from the top in the same fashion. It worked perfectly!

He looks so grown up with his new haircut! He was such a good boy for me too, we bribed him with some crackers and a cereal bar! One day I'll have to do Emma's hair, but  hopefully not for a long time! I want her hair to be long :)




Very Handsome Ethan After
His First Haircut!
Such a good boy sitting still!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment